Guestbook Map Photos Blogspot Help!

Year Me Out (April 2007)  
Posted by Laura on Sunday 1st April 2007 at 09:35 PM

Year Me Out for April...

  Blog Entries  [30]   Comments  [1]  

Click here to add a Comment: Add Comment

Hide Form
Add Comment

E-mail Address: 
Do Not Display: 
Home Page: 
Verification Code:* 

* Required fields

Posted by Richard on Wednesday 25th April 2007 at 09:04 PM

Re: 7/4/2007 ... Added the photo of the kitten - cute isn''t he?

Of course this now means a 350 mile round trip to collect him - why can't they just pop him in a jiffy bag? ;-)

  Blog Entries  [30]   Comments  [1]  

#30: 30/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Monday 30th April 2007 at 11:22 PM

The last day of April. 2 months exactly until Adam’s birthday and the first full day of Hazy Cosmic’s life in Knaphill. Poor little thing. I took him to the Vet’s in the late afternoon to get his gummy eyes checked out and it turned out that he has fleas and worms etc. He is now on antibiotics, worming paste and flea spot treatment, not to mention Hills Kittens food. Apparently the Felix Kitten food that I have been giving him is the equivalent of MacDonalds. So no more.

So young Hazy is on special diet and special medicine etc until he is well again. He has a swollen hard tummy and is not in a good way. It is back to the Vet’s for him on Thursday night now. We will get him back to health. We gave him a good brush tonight and got rid of some of the flea eggs and a couple of the fleas that we found on him. The treatment for his gummy eyes was merely to wash them using tea. So we will have to see how that goes. I was expecting to come away with a tube of eye ointment and some appointments for his cat flu vaccinations but instead it was quite a different story.

The main event of the afternoon before this was Mark’s appointment at the orthodontist’s. He is going to have to have four teeth extracted to make room in his mouth for his other teeth. This will happen after June. We have to go back in about 6 weeks for a consultation in preparation for this. I took the afternoon off to fit all of this in. If it hadn’t been for having to sort Hazy out I might have tried to go back to work. Other big news for the week - the new windows are being fitted on Wednesday and Thursday and British Gas are servicing our boiler on Wednesday afternoon too! It is all go at the moment I can tell you.

#29: 29/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 29th April 2007 at 10:29 PM

We have him!! Hazy Cosmic has arrived! Well that is to say we went to fetch the little kitten today. Richard and I made the 370 mile round trip today setting off at and getting home just after 4pm. In between times we drove straight up to Sandbach – stopping first at Waitrose to get some wine and beers to take to Lucy and then we called in at Fiona and Eddie’s where we stopped for a tea/coffee with Eddie and Tom, Lydia, Laurence and Richard . Then we headed over to Lucy’s to get the kitten. We stayed there a little while before packing him off in our pet carrier and returning home.

Just north of Birmingham we stopped off at the Hilton Park services to grab a M&S sandwich for our lunch. We ate this in the car as we didn’t want to leave the kitten for too long on his own in the car. He squeaked loudly and animatedly a lot of the way home but finally we did arrive. It didn’t take long for him to settle in. He was very curious about his new surroundings and his new housemate Ash but once the excitement had died down he fell asleep and was pretty flat out for the rest of the evening. His bed is my beige furry cushion on top of the leather sofa. Poor little Hazy seems to have a bit of an eye infections o we are going to have to get him over to the Vets pretty pronto. I’ve got the afternoon off tomorrow so I may take him down then if I can once Mark’s dentist appointment is done.

Very pleased to have him at last. He loves his bunjee chilli toy . He has grown quite a bit since we last saw him three weeks ago but he is still the cutest little thing in the world. He is going to be a very handsome cat indeed. Hazy Fantazy!!

Hazy steps out
Hazy steps out
» Richard (29/4/2007)  Enlarge Photo

#28: 28/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Saturday 28th April 2007 at 11:07 PM

Internet back. ISP service is not at all great just now. But never mind about that just now. Richard is back safe and sound from India at last!! He got home around 2pm this afternoon. Fantastic to have him home!

Had a quiet day preparing for Richard’s return – tidying up the house and getting the washing done. Very lovely weather for April once again. Like summer but ever so slightly fresher. Still very worried about the acer. I fear it may be a gonner which is very disappointing. All the other plant sin the garden are coming over all lush as well.

Bizarrely the window cleaner turned up today so at least the glass roof is looking good once again. He managed to set off next door’s burglar alarm which wasn’t quite so good. It went off for a good half hour this afternoon – I was listening to Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield (courtesy of the Mail on Sunday last week) at the time and for a short while wasn’t sure if it was the music or real life.

We went to Sainsbury in the late afternoon and are now all set for the kitten’s arrival/home coming tomorrow. Have now got cat litter and several toys. I wonder what dear Ash will think? Will either be the making or the breaking of her.

#27: 27/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Saturday 28th April 2007 at 10:55 PM

Friday evening... Arghh! Can’t login on the internet again to post my diary record. This is driving me mad. What has changed this time? It is so frustrating.

A very busy day today at work. Friday seems the busiest day of the week and I found myself having to type up some meeting minutes instead of getting on with doing what I had originally planned to do, namely an audit. Next week I am going to Southampton on Tuesday and Redhill on Wednesday and I have a half day on Monday so it is going to be a busy week next week as well. It was pay day to day and this time as far as I am aware everyone was paid and we didn’t have the trauma of last month.

I had my Ocado order delivered tonight and loads of items were missing with no alternatives. No apples or bananas or washing liquid, baked beans etc etc. I am furious. What has happened to my reliable Ocado delivery service? It is all going down the pan. They gave me a £10 voucher last week because of what happened then – all they did was deliver 2 hours early and there was no milk. I expect double that this time if they want to make things up to me. I am really seething. At least Ugly Betty was good. There was a message on the answer phone tonight from Richard who is coming home tomorrow – he’s probably getting started as I type now It’s been a long two weeks. Can’t wait to have him back. I also spoke to Lucy tonight. We are all set for getting our kitten on Sunday. Is very exciting indeed.

#26: 26/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Thursday 26th April 2007 at 11:20 PM

Rain sweet rain. For a brief interlude this afternoon Woking was a wet place but then it passed and then it started to hot up once again. Apparently we are to be in for a great weekend once again. The garden needs rain though. I'm not sure what the acer needs . A miracle most probably? Still no sign of leaf and IU'm beginning to thing that those emerging buds are just wishful thinking on my part. When did it die and how did it slip away under our noses during such a mild winter?

I tried an experiment tonight. I served moroccan lamb and cous cous for supper. Didn't go down very well. Neither boys was very impressed. Adam ate it - but it was a struggle and he said at the end that he doesn't like cous cous and for me not to serve it again. Mark was even less flattering - he didn't even finish his. Par for the course naturally. Not sure what I am going to do now. I have 2/3 of a packet of cous cous to use up still. Not exactly something that I will be able to slip in with out them noticing.
I'll have to look for some salad type recipes - anything to make it slightly more palatable to all concerned. Not my finest hour in the kitchen that is for sure.

#25: 25/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Wednesday 25th April 2007 at 11:40 PM

Feeling much better today. Well over the suffering of last night thank goodness.

Getting Mark off to school today was a major operation - he had so many bags. Luckily he still had the same number when I picked him up tonight. Schoolbag -check. PE kit - check. Tennis racket - check. Flapjacks and associated detritis - check - school uniform -check. drinks bottle - check. Nothing was apparently missing for once. Mark's flapjacks were a tour de force it has to be said. He is planning to make some more in honour of Richard's return on Saturday. He's got a hankering to try out some chocolate chips but hopefully we will be able to talk him out of that one and maybe veer him down the dried fruit route which woudl be a bit more popular with the rest of us.

Adam had an application form to fill out tonight for being a Prefect for next year. First question, Why do you want to be a prefect? His answer I don't know but it will look good on my CV. Luckily we came up with a more convincing reason for him (but obviously bearing the former in mind it being a dog eat dog world and all that). There were a whole load of descriptions for the differen types of prefect role available. Adam didn't seem to want any of them but he woudl like to do soemhtign with languages so we will have to see what comes of it.
Watch this space. I hope he is successful because it could well be the making of him.

Watched The Apprentice tonight. It was Essex girl Natalie that went out. I'm still not really getting a good vibe about any of them. There's no one particularily special. No one really stands out to me. No real characters - quite a few nasty pieces of work . Still find it compulsive viewing though.

#24: 24/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Tuesday 24th April 2007 at 11:49 PM

Am not feeling too great at the end of today. Adam kicked off the morning with a severe bout of diarrhoea – so bad in fact that it kept him off school all day and now I find myself similarly afflicted – not good, not good at all. Normally I just get vomiting so this is a whole new experience for me and not one that I wish to repeat although I don’t seem to have much choice in the matter at the moment. I think I must search out the Imodium before I go to bed otherwise it is going to be a very long night.

Started off the day in Guildford. It was raining and dull to start with but it soon hotted up and in the afternoon when I came back to Woking I regretted wearing my rain coat - I felt quite overheated but I’m thinking now that it could just have been the start of my affliction.

Tomorrow is a very exciting day – Mark is making flapjacks at school in Home Tech – this is normally Adam’s piéce de la résistance and so it could be a whole new revolution in home baking (and home kitchen messing) in the Notley household. I’m not sure that it has been wise to put out all his ingredients tonight in between repeated visits to the small room in my case but as Mark will be going back to Ali’s after school tomorrow it is unlikely that I will get to sample his wares anyhow.

Have also had to suffer Year 7 St John’s geography project take 2 this week as Mark is again following in ground already broken by Adam. However, finding out at quarter to nine in the evening that Mark has to write his Introduction for handing in tomorrow is not the best of experiences for either of us. Needless to say he didn’t get to bed until after 10pm tonight but homework is all done.

I wish I could say the same for the washing which got delayed as a result of all the end of day distractions. And it is bin night today as well. Roll on next week when Richard will be home again...

#23: 23/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Monday 23rd April 2007 at 10:48 PM

Just got word tonight that the kitten is all litter trained and ready for us to collect so hopefully this weekend he will be ours. Depending on when Richard comes home we will go and fetch him home on Sunday I hope. I am so excited.

I have managed to do something to my back, Happened yesterday - I have no idea what but I am in such terrible pain with it. Getting up out of chairs and off of the bed etc is just agony. I've been taking ibuprofen for pain relief. I may have to go to the Doctor if it doesn't get any better because it really is most uncomfortable.

Had a busy day at work and for once a very fruitful lunch break. I took my shoes fro re-heeling, bought a new car parking ticket, topped up Mark's mobile, went to the bank to stock up on change for the car park. bought new pens for the boys for school from WH Smith, went to Holland & Barrett and got some healthcare bits like spirulina powder and glucosamine. I took my lunch in today because I had made coleslaw and walfdorf salads this weekend which makes it easier to knock up something quickly. Even so I was cold at lunch time so I also had a cup-a-soup from my drawer.

Came home to an excellently cleaned house once again. I love it. I worked hard at keeping things tidy this week too. Yvette is doing a fabulous job so I am really happy. She covered everything today - including the ensuite. Love having a clean and tidy house.

Went to my writing class tonight as we resumed once again for the summer term. Good to see everyone again and have found out about a short story competition for the Guildford Book Festival so I must give it a go this year.

#22: 22/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:57 PM

Normal internet service has been resumed once more. This blog is a real time entry record again. Richard has sorted us out from India. Our ISP had only gone and updated the database without telling us. So a good thing has happened at last!! Mind you I haven't won the lottery yet which I thought would have been a very good thing. Perhaps that is still to come over the next fortnight.

Another very pleasant day weather-wise. Have been out in the garden doing a spot of weeding and sorting out my wormery. The bottom compost tray has been removed now and I have put the compost made in the compost bag after spreading the last lot of compost on the herb bed which I have hacked back. Well that is I have hacked back the cat mint which was making a very good effort to take over the entire bed so it has been chopped back to within an inch of its life but I can guarantee that it will be on the spread once again by the end of the week. It was completely choking my flat leaf parsley so maybe this will have a chance to come into its own now.

Both Mark and Adam had football today. Adam won his match and Mark drew his but he did score so he was very pleased with himself when he came back. I watched bits and pieces of the London Marathon as well as sorting out all the washing and the linen cupboard. Have decided to get rid of the first set of towels - light pink and dark pink that Richard had when we were first married. They have not been used in many years not even for visitors and when I was sorting out the linen cupboard I discovered that Ash had clearly made a little den at the top of the shelves next to to shower cubicle and one of the pink towels is very grey indeed now. So these are going to be sent off with the charity collection for GOSH that is being picked up on Wednesday. I've got rid of a few more of my old summer clothes too - Things I know that I am never going to wear again no matter what.

So good to have the blog back to normal again. All I need now is for my ankle to stop aching and my cold to get better and then normal service will have been restored in every possible way.

#21: 21/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:39 PM

Saturday. The weekend and it was a beautiful day once again. Not as warm as we have had –a bit fresher maybe but a great day for getting the washing dry. It could be summer but for the fact that not all the trees are in leaf yet. This week my wisteria has gone from total twig to total green so I am hoping therefore that there will be hope for the acer which currently looks completely dead, dry and totally twiggy. There may be some hint of bud but not much and I can see a red acer in a neighbouring garden that is the height of glory. I just hope that ours comes back from the brink. I did a spot of watering again late this afternoon. The ground is so cracked and dry just now – thick fault lines are running through each of my beds. It’s incredible. Here we are at 21 April and I don’t think that we have had a drop of rain all month. March was very wet but it won’t be long until they are breaking out the hose pipe bans once again I am sure.

We heard from Richard at the end of the afternoon and unfortunately he hasn’t been to got today – another case of Bangalore botty I believe so that is not good as he had been hoping to do some tourist bits today with his colleagues but instead ended up spending the whole time in his hotel room largely doing you know what.

Apart from doing the washing and popping to Sainsbury’s after dropping Mark off at his friend James’s I didn’t do very much at all. Straightened up the house a bit, made some coleslaw for lunch, watered the garden, got tea ready. All I watched on TV today was some News and ‘Any Dream Will Do’. I’ve arranged for Ray to take Mark to football tomorrow because I don’t really want to go. It’s a 12noon kick off which cuts right into the day. Looking forward to lying in and reading the papers tomorrow.

#20: 20/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:26 PM

It’s the weekend now. Friday night. Hurrah. I am tired. A long week it seems and a long day. Went to Kingston today, The office there has been refurbished and it is absolutely gorgeous. All new furniture and fittings. Oh I can only dream. If we could have just some of that in Woking it would be fantastic. It makes our office look horrendous and so last century. I believe that come the new financial year things may well change and they may do something to improve things. Not before time.

Weather was great again today. The wisteria on my front wall is not blooming but it is all in leaf and growing. I don’t know when it will come in to flower if ever. Last year was the first year that it really started to grow having been planted about three years ago . I’m not sure how many years it is meant to take before it flowers. Can’t be long now though. The clematis has been and gone. If I dead head we may get a second wind. This has happened the last 2 years.

Still not able to post on the internet. Richard will be back in just over a week or so so hopefully normal service will be resumed round about then.

#19: 19/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:25 PM

Thursday. It was another fine day today. It feels more like May or June than April. I had to go round the garden with the hose tonight watering the beds and the grass, front and back because the ground is starting to become very parched and cracked. I can’t remember the last time that we had rain. It was promised for this week but we have yet to see any.

Still experiencing website problems so once again I cannot put this out on the day as it were. Richard skyped us all from India tonight he has been liaising with the guys or rather gal from cheapnet but nothing has been resolved as yet. They maintain that they haven’t changed anything but it is probably something so minor that they aren’t counting it. Time will tell I guess.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Before then I am off to Kingston tomorrow for work. Will be an opportunity to see the newly refurbished office there which is apparently very nice indeed. My main dilemma is what am I going to wear. Am a bit stuck for outfits that go with flat shoes, that I haven’t already worn this week. My ankle is improving but not yet ready to stand high heels. I am going to have to try the ankle support that Richard has but I would need to wear trousers for that because it is blue neoprene and frankly that doesn’t go with anything either. Ahh me!

#18: 18/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:23 PM

Wednesday. Weather still unseasonably warm so why am I coming down with a cold? I feel quite dreadful this evening. It was a bitty sort of a day. I went to Redhill this morning to give more training. The journey through the downs visible from the train and lit up by glorious sunshine was quite spectacular. Really beautiful rolling countryside – made me wish that I could be walking in it. I managed to get back to Woking this afternoon which was good as a whole day in Redhill is pretty draining on the spirit as well as the body. – the mind is not affected fortunately.

It was the Apprentice once again tonight. Brilliant show – One of the few things that Adam comes and watches with me of an evening. Sophie – quantum physicist – too clever by half but rubbish sales person, went out today. I still feel that I’m scarcely warming to any of the characters this time around. Sir Alan Sugar is going to be welcome to his Apprentice in my opinion.

#17: 17/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:18 PM

Tuesday. Arghh !! Still cannot post on to the website so cannot publish on the day. Not that anyone is reading this anyway but even so it is frustrating. What if my public needs me?

The weather had been very good once again today. Not as warm as the weekend but still very pleasant indeed. The main event today apart from work was Adam’s parent’s evening which I had to attend alone for the first time. It went very well. Could the boy they talked about really be my son? It seems that he is more responsible and harder working then I give him credit for. He seems to be doing well and lets’ just hope that it continues. He has so much ahead of him. It is so exciting. I feel very proud. I can relax and give him a bit more leeway I guess.

I didn’t get home until quite late in the end and we didn’t sit down for supper until well after 8pm. I got one of those chain emails this evening from Debbie that said I had to read it and then I had six minutes to send it one to other people or else something bad would happen. So I did send it on to about 11 people which means that good things are going to happen over the next few weeks. We will have to see. You don’t want to tempt fate but then again neither do you want to cause a worldwide collapse of the email system. It can’t do any harm and I have had enough rubbish sent my way in the past so who can say. I blind copied it anyhow so as not to spawn an avalanche. It didn’t say you couldn’t do that!! I will report back on the good things that have happened!! Top of wish list will be being able to post things on the web – before Richard gets home from India. Tomorrow would be nice.

#16: 16/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 22nd April 2007 at 04:17 PM

Monday. I came home to a mostly clean house today. Bliss. 4 hours was a tall order to get it all done given the state it was in so the porch and ensuite bathroom had not bee done but everything else was picture perfect. My kitchen looks fabulous. So I am very very pleased. Yvette has done a superb job and with regular cleaning and upkeep things should never be so bad again.

Richard is off to India now and typical as luck would have it we are having problems with the website. I must point out though that he has added the kitten’s photo to Entry 97 – I wonder if the two things could be related in some small way? Anyway currently and bizarrely my username and password don’t work any more so goodness knows when I will be able to post this entry properly. It was genuinely written at the back end of today Monday 16 April 2007. Furthermore I am coming down with a hideous cold and sore throat so I do hope to be feeling better soon.

I sold all my Business & Decision shares just before Easter and the money finally arrived in my account today –over a week late – thought it had got lost in the ether or worse. Of course the share price has gone up another 3€ so I should have waited a little longer but I haven’t done badly given that things could crash any time now. It cannot be sustained this unprecedented rise. I’ll have to stop following it otherwise I will be kicking myself.

#15: 15/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 15th April 2007 at 10:51 PM

Another absolutely gorgeous day weatherwise. It hit more that 26C today. I didn't get much chance to enjou the out of doors today though because I was ona mega tidying spree about the house. Tomorrow Yvette my new cleaner starts working for me and I had to do a very major decluttering and tudying exercise to make the place easier for her to make an impact on.

While I was doing that, Richard went down to Maidstone with Mark to see Aunty Yvonne who is out of hospital and now slowly recovering at home and Adam was completing (and startign most likely) his GCSE English course workt on To Kill a Mocking Bird. What a day. I started upstairs and worke demy way down but I am pleased to say that we do now have some semblence of order about the place. Everyone played theirt part - when Mark got back I set him to work shredding papers for disposal with our name and address details on them. richard did a lot of tidying out in the study and sorting out his affairs prior to hes trip to India. He is off to Bangalore once again tomorrow!! I also managed to change the towels and wash the dirty ones and before bedtime I ensured that new linen was put on all the beds so when the cleaning is done the house will be in a perfect state once more. Restored to a gloery I hope that so far eluded me. All theat remaind to be done now is for me to clean the boys school shoes. I don't think I have ever been this organised.!!

#14: 14/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 15th April 2007 at 10:40 PM

The big news today, Prince William and Kate Middleton, his girlfriend of more than 4 years have split up. I actually feel quite sad to here this. I thought that the would marry or maybe I shoud dsay I hoped. Why I am not sure but she always seemed so lovely and grounded. I think it is a real shame - I know they are both very young - she 25 and he 24 but even so. It is sad. The world is a darker place on news like this. It is not however a colder place. We are having a really lovely wekend weather wise. We actually sat outside to have out lunc today - chicken caesar salad. It was perfect barbecue weather tonight. Except that I only fried the steak. It was only the four of us and a localised barbiw seemd overkill and too much washing up.

Richardf and I went out to Woking shopping this afternoon and hit TK Maxx. Richard got some new tee-shirts and I also picked up a couple for Mark. We got a birthday present for Aunti Yvonne and we visited the kitchens shop Kitchen Kapers and we got a new milk pan, some new chopping boards,a pizza cutter and a 'commercial weight' non-sticj baking tray with which I am very impressed. I might have to buy some more of them because they really are the business.

I should also report that all four of us Notleys had our haircut. I went to
my guy in Horsell, Richard went to the barbers in Knaphill and then he let loose on the boys with his new clippers. So we are all ready for the start of the summer term on Monday!

#13: 13/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Friday 13th April 2007 at 10:53 PM

I am so tired. Drained. Totally. I spent all day at the hospital with Mark while he was having his bladder assessment done. I think that it must have been very stressful for me although I didn't feel that way at the time but I guess I was constantly on edge and alert. It didn't help that when we arrived at St Thomas's and we went to the loos at the entrance - I lost Mark for a few minutes. Nornamlly I am always the one out last but this time it was the other way around. It's a very busy hospital and foyer and other men were going in and coming out of the men's toilets and no Mark. I was really starting to panic and then he appeared. Phew. Mark spent a lot of time on the Helter Skelter at the Evelena and when he wasn't on that he was on the playstation or game cube or on his heelies. He had to drink a lot and then pee to order in a specail toilet where everything was measured and then he had several mini scand to determine if he was emptying properly. He wasn't - he couldn't. So things will have to be taken further and it is possible that our Novemebr appointment will be brough forward. I came away with such a headache. We finally got back to Woking at 5pm. I was completely beat. I feel so un-friday tonight I even slept through most of Ugly Betty and the News which is not like me. I guess I just need a good night's sleep. iIthink that really I am just so worried about Mark. This is never going to end. He is always going to be on special measures and it is breaking my heart. At least we have him though and it could be a lot worse. I should take heart at that I suppose but right now I just feel too exhausted to feel anything but numb.

#12: 12/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Friday 13th April 2007 at 12:04 AM

A beautiful day to day weather wise. It was actually hot and sunny. I was in Redhill and it could have been summer. It got very stuffy in the afternoon indeed. Air conditioning is going to become a must there methinks.

Met up with Jo and Kim from the old SPS days tonight. We went out to Zizzi's in Woking for a catch up. It was good to see them both again. Good to get out and leave the boys to it at home for once as well.

#11: 11/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Wednesday 11th April 2007 at 11:06 PM

Wednesday nights. Apprentice night. Sheer brilliant televison. This time it was Gerry who went out - the local Woking girl. not her finest hour it has to be said. There are some real bitches on the program this time and then there is Katie - horse girl. I really can't presict who my winner is right now. Naomi, the losing project manager this time is certainly the best looking of all the girls. Even Sir Alan said that she had something. But in all honesty this time I'm not really warming to anyone. Only time will tell I guess.

I wore my new black pumps to work today and I havr to day this is the best that my ankle has felt since I turned it 11 days or so ago. Is it the shoes? Or is it that I am finally on the mend?

#10: 10/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Wednesday 11th April 2007 at 11:01 PM

100 days into the year. who would have thought? First day back at work after Easter and I am still hobbling around on my swollen ankle. I hafd to go out at lunch time today and buy a couple of pairs of flat pumps to wear for work for the next few weeks - until I can cope with heels again. I've got one brown pair and one black pair. They could be real life savers for me.

Tonight I had to watch "Midnight Run" with Richard - he insisted. I 'm sure I dropped off half way through. I did watch the end but I didn't find it all that gripping to be honest. It didn't really do it for me.It was all a waste of time in the end I thought - mind most in particular. Robert De Nero is OK in it I guess. There was no romance.

Far more enjoyable to watch last night was Horizon on BBC2 about the new Moon Race. Very exciting. I'm really intrigued by the whole Helium 3 thing. This could be very exciting. And to think there are still some people who believe the moon landings were faked. Not so in my opinion. I'll have to follow the background stories on Jeff Rense. It's bound to come out.

#9: 9/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Monday 9th April 2007 at 11:27 PM

Easter Monday. The last day of my holiday as it were. I can't believe that it's back to work tomorrow. It is very warm just now and getting hotter. They reckon the temperature will be in the 70s Fahrenheit wise by the end of the week. All I know today was that I was out in the garden - hanging out washing and doing a little weeding and tidying in the garden and it felt lovely. I've no idea what I will wear to work tomorrow. Don't want to be too hot and not sure if I have that many summery clothes that are still wearable. Might just have to do some more shopping. Oh dear - what a hardship.

#8: 8/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 8th April 2007 at 09:11 PM

Easter Sunday. Adam gave me a little cuddly lamb filled with mini sold chocolate Easter eggs - to go with my M&S chocolate Lucy Lamb from Richard. Richard said that I didn't need a kitten but I was having none of it. I think the whole family is up for the kitten because we had to listen to David Bowie songs all the way hom in order to pick out a name. Current favourites are Hero, Star, DJ and Gene Genie as well as Ziggy Star Dust II. I am thinking DJ might be the one but I'll know when I see the kitten again. It's very exciting. We had a nice long lie in this morning - some of us i.e. the boys more than others. We set of fhome at about 12.30pm and we msut have stopped for lunch at about 1.30pm at some services on the M40 well out of Birmingham. It was oneof those food court type places. Mark had Burger King, Ricahrd and I had KFC and Adam had a panini with a huge plate of chips and baked beans and he scoffed the lot. We got home just after 4pm or so and not long after that Adam went out with his friends and then off toa sleepover party at his friend Sam Well's - sans sleeping bag. Evidentally nto much sleep goes on at these sort of affairs. Rather him than me. He is going to be quite impossible tomorrow when he gets home, I just know it! Ah me. Mark is already tired and of course has insisted on starting to make a meccano car model - radio operated and it is causing him some distress to to mention the rest of us i.e .Richard and myself. I just know that after a good night's sleep he will find it a doddle but oh no he is insisting on building it tonight. Argghh!! The joys of parenthood.

#7: 7/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 8th April 2007 at 08:59 PM

Oh my gosh. Have fallen in love with a tiny 4 week old kitten and he will be mine - Oh yes - in about 4 weeks time when he is ready to leave his mother. This morning we went to see Lucy and her new baby daughter Bethany who is also just four weeks old - she was born just after one of Lucy's cats had a litter of 5 kittens, and then last week her other cat had three more - so there were eight in total. The littlest ones don't even have their eyes open yet . They are all being kept in a large metal cage in the kitchen and when I went in to see them the tiniest of the first litter - the runt I suppose - looked at me with his beautiful pale blue eyes, and he has the cutest little pink baked bean nose and that was it. He mewed. He chose me. I didn't know he was a he at that point but he was and so we shall be back to bring him 'home' at the end of April. Richard took a couple of pictures of me holding him on his mobile phone. I'll see if I can download them on to here in a while. I am so excited. A new kitten. They were all gorgeous and sweet - he was the only one awake when we came in. He's white and tabby in colouring. He is going to be a little star! It was quite the highlight of my day. I got to hold baby Bethany as well and she was very good. Fiona cooked us all a fantastic roast beef dinner today as our Easter meal - she is going to work at 5am on Sunday morning so the celebration was brought forward from tomorrow. Paul came along too today so I was able to given him his birthday card in person. We spoke on the phone to Mummy and Daddy and to Debbie so it was a good old fashioned family sort of day. Richard unfortunately is coming down with a rotten cold so he wasn't on really top form - he didn't drink that much so was able to give Paul a lift home in the evening.

The object of Laura's desire!
The object of Laura's desire!
» Richard (7/4/2007)  Enlarge Photo

#6: 6/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Friday 6th April 2007 at 03:03 PM

We went to Sandbach in Cheshire today to spend Easter with Fiona, Eddie and all the rest. We didn't set off until late afternoon and had a very good run down on the M40 and M6 etc. The whole Hudson family were there and somehow we did all fit in. We had dinner in shifts, the boys had curry and the grown-ups had slow cooked pork casserole. There was lots of wine on offer too. It was a fun evening and a very late night for Mark but he didn't seem to mind at all. They have a game system and TV in just about every room so it was heaven for Mark. I wonder if he got any sleep at all!

#5: 5/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Thursday 5th April 2007 at 11:13 PM

Maundy Thursday. Still have a sore and swollen ankle but it is getting better. It was a beautiful spring day today - warm in the sunshine and I was able to hang out the washing to dry which was good. Another day off work for me. I am not sure where the time went but it did. So the Easter bank holiday is now upon us and then it will be back to work for me on Tuesday for Week 1 once again. The cycle continues unrelentingly it seems.

#4: 4/3/2007   
Posted by Laura on Thursday 5th April 2007 at 03:33 PM

Well managed to get through Mr Bean's Holiday and it wasn't quite the ordeal that I had been dreading. There were moments in the cinema when only the children - mostly boys - were laughing and I couldn't quite get the joke - or rarher got the so called joke but didn't really find it amusing - just purile - like the mimicery bits on the station bench. But anyway I felt that Willem Dafoe sent himself up rather well and it was a touching story. I had thought it was going to be a Jimmy Neutron all over again or a Sccoby Doo 2 - two of the worst films I have ever had to endure. I look forward to the time when Mark can go to the cinema without me but when he can I don't suppose he will want to wathc purile kids films anyway. People do gow up eventually. The good thing was that Mark did enjoy it so that was the main thing.

The Apprentice was back on tonight and both Mark and Adam watched this with Richard and me. I think it is very educational for them. Tonight's was a classic as ever. Rory not surprisingly was fired - he made so many mistakes on the leadership stakes - it is quite cringeworthy at times but very very watcheable.

#3: 3/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 at 11:33 PM

Mark's 12th Birthday. Playstation 3 day. Me still limping. Mark had a good birthday I think. He was pleased with the new Plyastion that he is sharing with Adam (and Richard). so dar he has just one game - Motor Storm. It caused quite a storm today - evidentally it is not that easy and Mark was struggling somewhat throughout the day to get through his first mission. Progress was made but it was painful.
I did npt go out at all today on account of my ankle, I hav ebeen doing as much as I can - the swelling is down but the bruising is up - it is not a pretty sight. I did get all the washing done however and I prepared a pretty impromptu buffet for Mark's sleep over party tonight. He has three guests James, Aiden and Ali. Hopefully they will not be too much of a handful. Tomorrow he is going out with friends to see Mr Bean's Holiday - I have to take him. I'm not getting that excited I have to say. Not really how I would have chosen to spend my day off but it is for Mark and it is for his birthday so I guess I can put up with anything. I hope I will be OK to drive. I hope I get enough sleep tonight. The last sleepover Mark had I vowed would be the last but here I go again. I just hope I don't regret it.
Good night all - I am signing off now and turning in - stay tuned for tomorrow's installment when I report on the aftermath and dear old Mr Bean.

Oh yes!
Oh yes!
» Richard (3/4/2007)  Enlarge Photo

#2: 2/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Monday 2nd April 2007 at 11:39 PM

It was a case of Hopalong rides again today. Am still the proud owner of an elephant leg and looked distinctly old lady with my flatties and thick ankle - more of a merging of calf into foot, a cankle - yuk! Richard dropped me off in Central Woking and I limped into work. It was a rush of a day. I'm off for the rest of the week now and I had reporting to do and then preparation for a meeting in the late afternoon in Guildford. I had to take taxis there and back and it will have cost the company just under £30 - I had no idea it was so expensive - but a woman has to go where a woman has to go sometimes. Tomorrow is Mark's birthday so we were getting ready for that tonight Very exciting. Somehow I have bene talked into holding a sleep over tomorrow night and then a trip to the cinema the next day so it is going to be very, very tiring I am sure.

#1: 1/4/2007   
Posted by Laura on Sunday 1st April 2007 at 09:35 PM

The elephant leg lives on and has now gone purple/grey and even more elephant like. I am pleased to report however following a visit to The Woking Community Hospital that the ankle is not broken and I have just sustained a sprain resulting in swelling to the soft tissue surrounding the ankle. It could take 6 weeks plus to get it back to normal. It already feels a lot better now. I can and should put weight on it and just take ibuprofen for pain relief.
I managed to get breakfast in bed this morning and the boys and Richard have been very helpful with chores even so would still rather have full use of all my limbs.

Top of Page Site Map

swiss replica watches